PLEASE NOTE : THE SALMON ARM MINOR HOCKEY OFFICE IS LOCATED INSIDE THE SHAW CENTRE BUT DUE TO COVID-19 IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL.
Returning Players - Please register using the online form above.
Salmon Arm Minor Hockey requires ALL its returning members to register online and pay by credit card or e-transfer through the link above. Hockey Canada ID number is required - this can be found on any past online registration receipt or by contacting the office.
Online registration should also be used if choosing to pay by payment plan, please contact our registrar at email@example.com for any questions.
Registration will NOT be considered complete until payment is received.
New Players to Salmon Arm Minor Hockey
Please contact Roy at the Minor Hockey office to get your transfer package and registration instructions. Please do not register until speaking with the Minor Hockey office.
250.832.0095 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- online using credit card.
- eTransfer (please see instructions below)
If parent chooses not to pay on-line by credit card, the registration will not be complete until payment is made in full.
If you are etransfering your registration fees please send to - email@example.com. You must include in the memo portion the player(s) full name so that it can be properly applied.
Parents who require funding assistance can contact the SAMHA office 250.832.0095 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (SAMHA Office is located at the Shaw Centre) or check out our Financial Assistance Page.
If you are in need of some financial assistance to help your child play in an organized sport, check out KidSportCanada. SAMHA endorses and contributes to KidSport programs to create opportunities for our youth to enjoy minor hockey.
New to Salmon Arm? Find out if you reside within our minor hockey association boundaries to be eligible to register for play in SAMHA by calling Roy in the office - 250.832.0095 or visiting or Residency Info Page.
Important Dates for Registration
July 31, 2020 - Registration is based on team configuration guidelines according to SAMHA policies and the availability of projected ice slots and coaches. Some teams and divisions may not form this year if basic criteria cannot be achieved by July 31, 2020. Players registering after this date will be put on a waiting list and registered on a first come, first served basis.
August 1, 2020 – Registration rates increase by $100.
August 15, 2020 – All players wishing to tryout for a Dev/Rep team MUST be registered by the close of this date.
November 30, 2020 – Registration must be paid in FULL or players will be suspended from any further SAMHA sanctioned event until payment is made.
December 31, 2020 – Pro-rated refunds are available only up to December 31, 2020, less a $40.00 administration fee plus any rep carding and BC Hockey fees paid. *No refunds shall be given to suspended players.
January 15, 2021 – Final date to affiliate players.
Our association relies upon the generosity of dedicated volunteers to help run our program and deliver quality instruction to our players. We would appreciate your help in any of the capacities that teams require. Once teams are selected, those who volunteered will be contacted by a Division manager. All names must be approved the Coach coordinator. Please fill out our adult volunteer form during registration.
SAMHA REGISTRATION FEES
Family Rate (for families with three or more players) - Please contact Deb at email@example.com so she can adjust the rate manually
- Further information will be released regarding a Juvenile Recreation team.
- Midget Recreation Teams will be limited to a maximum 2 overage players not including goaltenders permitted to play in the Midget Recreation league if juvenile recreation teams are not running this season. A maximum of 2 overage players per team will be permitted to play in all other divisions (recreation not rep) but approval must be granted by B.C. Hockey. Overage request forms are also available on the SAMHA and OMAHA site and need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you complete registration.
- Female teams will be formed with consideration of registration numbers.
- Players selected for Rep or Development teams pay an additional Rep Fee once the teams are finalized.
* Registration fees for players applying for a REP or Development team include a $100 non-refundable tryout fee.
SAMHA Mission Statement
Promote respect, sportsmanship and skill development in players at all levels. Through a shared responsibility with parents, we are committed to promote a positive hockey experience in a safe environment.