May 1 update
- Next meeting is planned for Monday, May 11th at 6:30 pm. (via Zoom) Board has also tentatively planned the AGM for Wednesday, May 27th at 6:30 pm.
- I have booked the community room at Askews pending government approval for small gathering meetings.
- Awards Day will be postponed until a later date when hopefully we can recognize all the players and volunteers in person.
- Congratulations to Maddux Martin, Salmon Arm player, on the North Zone bantam team. He was recently drafted by the Everett Silvertips in the Bantam draft.
- Some inquiries on the hockey pool…we will await word on what the NHL will decide on the remainder of the season….whether they will play a few more league games and then playoffs or cancel the entire season. We have the results of tentative winners when the regular schedule was postponed but will not announce until everything is finalized.
- Registration will open up on May 1st. See SAMHA website for more info.
- As you may be aware, Barry Petrachenko, CEO of BC Hockey, was recently dismissed from his position. Jeremy Ainsworth, a former SAMHA player, will act as Interim CEO until a replacement is announced. At the time of Barry’s dismissal, Jeremy held the position of Chief Program officer for BC Hockey.
- We are not aware of any immediate changes at this time. OMAHA has tentatively scheduled their Spring AGM on May 23/24.
- Jerseys, equipment etc. Again a reminder that if you have any SAMHA items, please contact Shana Phillips or Roy and we can arrange to pick it up.
- Reminder to all graduating students in SAMHA, to check in with Salmon Arm Secondary regarding available minor hockey scholarships for this year.
- To all players, parents, coaching staff, board members, staff and sponsors….we thank you for a successful 2019-20 season. We look forward to the upcoming year!!
Our Game Plan
As you know, we are all trying our best to cope with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The effect of the pandemic has been dramatic and we don’t know how long it will last. Despite this uncertainty, the SAMHA Board continues to plan as best we can for the start of the 2020-21 season and wanted to communicate with our members on a variety of items.
Read the rest of Our Game Plan (pdf)