Help commentate the 3-Star Selection with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone during Roger’s Hometown Hockey weekend!
Submit a video of yourself (60 seconds or less) explaining why you would be a great candidate to co-host with Ron & Tara during the 3-star selection on March 8th, which will be broadcast live from Salmon Arm.
The players must be great representatives of minor hockey, eager and excited to appear on live TV, and confident enough to talk about the NHL game with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone.
Applicants must also be between the ages of 15-18 as of March 8th, 2020. Videos must be 60 seconds or less in length.
Videos will be shortlisted by a 3-person committee composed of local non-parents, and the Winners (one boy and one girl) will be selected by Rogers Hometown Hockey.
Submission deadline February 18 at 4:00pm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Bulletin No. 1: Rogers Hometown Hockey overview:
Rogers Parade of Champions March 8th:
All SAMHA teams will be asked to participate. Some teams may be involved in tournaments on March 8th and hopefully your team will be there in time. Wear team jersey. Managers…can you plan on a location to meet your players and parents at a location chosen by your coach/mgr. on this side of the tracks. i.e. Credit Union, Askews, etc. Then as a group, please walk over the tracks and to the CSRD parking lot. This will be the area where all teams will assemble and get ready for the Parade. 3:00 pm is the assembly time at CSRD. Signs will be provided
for each team to carry. Each team to choose an area where parents can pick up their child after parade is over. Players can be released to parents and continue with all the activities. Joel de Boer and Roy overseeing.
Paint The Town Red:
City is asking the community to wear your favourite jerseys on Feb. 14th. (Valentine’s Day). Every Friday after that date up to and including Rogers weekend, please show your support by wearing your favourite hockey jerseys. Businesses will be involved as well.
SAMHA Barbecue/50-50 Sat. and Sun.
Salmon Arm will be setting up barbecue both days. Hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks, etc. Prices will be announced. Profit from these events will go towards SAMHA player development.
Shana Phillips and James Inglis are overseeing. Rogers will be giving away free popcorn on site.
Three Star Selection:
Information currently on SAMHA website. Short list will be chosen by committee and final decision will be done by Rogers. Please encourage our players between ages of 15-18 to enter. 1 female and 1 male chosen. A chance to be on national t.v.!!! Kim Mead and Jeremy Menzies overseeing.
Minor Hockey Allstars:
Ball hockey games during festival hours on Sat. 8 minor hockey teams will be chosen to participate. Approx. half hr. games. Pizza party for teams, integration with NHL alumni on site. You could be spotted on national t.v. Yeiko and Jeremy Menzies overseeing.
Clean up Crew:
Minor hockey will be in charge of clean up crews. Rogers will give donation to minor hockey. Yeiko Menzies overseeing.
Finally, this is the first bulletin. More info will follow. We will have a call out where more volunteers are needed for minor hockey events. Thanks to chairperson Deb Cannon
who is overseeing the Rogers Hometown event on behalf of Salmon Arm.
Bulletin No. 2
RogersTM Hometown HockeyTM Tour presented by Scotiabank and Hyundai is heading to Salmon Arm, BC on March 7th and 8th to celebrate more of the game that brings us together. Hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone will be on site for the festivities, which include meet-and- greet opportunities with NHL alumni, live entertainment, and the live Sportsnet NHL broadcast.
The two-day hockey festival begins on Saturday, March 7th at Noon PST at 750 Marine Park Drive NE and will conclude on Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast gets underway with a special pre-game show hosted by MacLean and Slone live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 3:30 p.m. PST, followed by a showdown between the Vegas Golden Knights and Calgary Flames, on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW and NHL LIVE.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details:
The free hockey-themed weekend features games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Celebrate more of the game that brings us together with fun and interactive hockey experiences. Fill out your Fan Profile for a chance to win exclusive Rogers Moments, enjoy autograph signings with NHL alumni, test your stickhandling with the Infinite Dangles challenge, and grab some free popcorn!
- Sportsnet Shooting Accuracy Game: Fans race against the clock to snipe as many targets as possible before time runs out! A digital scoreboard tracks the best scores from the day, and from the other Tour stops across the country. Players of all ages can show off their hockey skills and see how they match up to NHL stars and alumni with fantastic prizes to be won!
- Steve Goodtime Rockin’ Hockey Show: Come see Steve Goodtime, our world- renowned hockey acrobat! Steve performs his incredible family-friendly rock n’ roll hockey show packed with fire, juggling, stunts, and guitar solos. The event will be rocked!
- Hyundai Drives Hockey: Hyundai displays on festival grounds will feature games and challenges for kids and parents alike. Opportunities to test-drive and interact with the entire range of five Hyundai SUVs will demonstrate how Hyundai is made for those who drive hockey. Fans will have the chance to win on-site giveaways, weekend prizes as well as an overall grand prize for the season.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a complimentary slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and learn more about the Find Giuseppe contest with many great prizes to be won!
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win an NHL playset.
- Lucy Tries Hockey: Join author Lisa Bowes for a reading of her children’s story Lucy Tries Hockey. Lucy and her family are skating on an outdoor rink when she sees a game of hockey going on. She and her friends learn basic hockey skills, have fun on the ice and decide to add hockey to their list of favorite sports!
- Sobeys Community Barbeque: Sobeys is proud to support the Community Barbeque through a food donation. All funds raised this weekend will go towards supporting Minor Hockey!
- Live Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend
Rogers Hometown Hockey Event and Broadcast Details Location:
- 750 Marine Park Drive NE Time:
- Saturday, March 7th – Festival open from Noon to 6 p.m. PST.
- Sunday, March 8th – Festival opens at 11:00 AM PST and runs through the end of theRogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Calgary Flames, 3:30 p.m. PST (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, NHL LIVE)
Social Media Links
Like Rogers Hometown Hockey Facebook.com/RogersHometownHockey Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Twitter @HometownHockey_ Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Instagram @HometownHockey Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet Follow Ron MacLean @RonMacLeanHTH Follow Tara Slone @TaraSlone
About the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Hyundai
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour rolls into 25 communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages. The weekend culminates in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. For more information on the tour, please follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.